Wednesday 10 December 2014

Dependancy Theory

1. What do you primarily use the media for?
I primarily use the media for Youtube and social media. I upload videos to Youtube as well as watching some of my subscriptions daily. I use social media such as Twitter/Instagram in order to keep up to date with my viewers and friends. I also use Twitter and Instagram to keep track of celebrities or people I like to follow.
2. To what extent do you feel we are dependant on the media?
i feel that people are very dependant on the media as if a rumour spreads social media or internet news is the first place to leak real information and us as consumers believe what is spreading online. We depend on the use of media for many things and a majority of us believe what we see online or on the news. Although some of us are capable to tell what is real or what isn't.
3.Has our Dependence on the media changed over the last 10 years? How?
Back in the days almost anyone would believe what is said on the radio or what was being spread around. We would believe the most abnormal things such as all computers breaking down and the world ending on 2000 which was being shown throughout the news. These days there are a lot of people who don't believe a majority of things being said in the media and are very against media.

No comments:

Post a Comment